Cores Executive Board
Cores Executive Board
Cores is administered by an Executive Board, where all Cores member organisations are represented.
The items addressed by the board are:
- the promotion of radiation safety research
- the maintenance and updating of the national radiation safety research programme
- the action plan and its follow-up
- the initiatives for the research programmes and activities supporting the aims of the consortium
- the promotion of the joint use of infrastructures and databases
- the support and coordination of education and training
- the promotion of innovative activities and contacts with industry
The Cores Executive Board will meet at least twice a year, and it aims for consensus in its decision making.
The composition of the Executive Board
The members of the board act as the contacts points in their own universities and departments. The members of the Executive Board are:
- Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority: Pia Vesterbacka (proxy Teemu Siiskonen), Sisko Salomaa
- University of Helsinki: Gareth Law (proxy Filip Tuomisto)
- Aalto University: Andrea Sand (proxy Jarmo Ala-Heikkilä)
- University of Eastern Finland: Jonne Naarala (proxy Jan Seppälä)
- University of Jyväskylä: Paul Greenlees
- Lappeenranta University of Technology: Juhani Hyvärinen (proxy Elina Hujala)
- University of Oulu: Juha Röning (proxy Arja Rautio)
- University of Tampere: Anssi Auvinen (proxy Tarmo Lipping)
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd: Jaakko Leppänen
- University of Turku: Mika Teräs (proxy: Jarno Salonen)
- Åbo Akademi University: Mikael Bergelin
- Pirkanmaa Hospital District: Mika Kapanen (proxy Eeva Boman)
- Hospital District of Southwest Finland: Mika Teräs (proxy Jani Keyriläinen)
- Hospital District of Northern Savo: Jan Seppälä (proxy Hanna Matikka)
- Northern Ostrobothnia Hospital District: Juha Nikkinen (proxy Matti Hanni)
- Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa: Mika Kortesniemi (proxy Mikko Tenhunen)
Chair of the Executive Board 2022-23: Paul Greenlees, chair (University of Jyväskylä).
Vice chair of the Executive Board 2022-23: Jonne Naarala, vice chair (University of Eastern Finland).
Secretary of the Executive Board: Sisko Salomaa (Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority).
Page updated 19.05.2022 Give feedback about this page Print To beginning